Want personalized feedback on one of your pitches? Here's how to play:
1. Send your nonfiction query to kelly at becomebodywise.com by Monday, April 18, 2011. Make sure you put "Query Critique Week" in the subject line.
2. Cross your fingers and hope that your query gets picked to be critiqued here on my blog. (I'll only be able to choose a few.)
3. Tune in next week!
That's it! For a look at the queries from last year's query critique week and my feedback on them, check out these posts:
Swiss chard pitch
Street harassment pitch
By the way, if you wrote one of these queries last year, please let me know what happened with it!
**All of my books on freelancing include plenty of templates to save your time--and help you sell more of your writing.
- New to freelancing? Then start with Ready, Aim, Specialize! Create your own Writing Specialty and Make More Money (Kindle edition), which contains 20 successful query samples, including a whole chapter of my former students' first queries that sold!
- Serious about freelancing? Then you'll want to read my classic, Six-Figure Freelancing: The Writer's Guide to Making More Money (Kindle edition), which covers everything from having a business mindset to working efficiently to building relationships with clients.
- Want to branch into ghostwriting? Then check out my newest writing book, Goodbye Byline, Hello Big Bucks: The Writer's Guide to Making Money Ghostwriting and Coauthoring Books (Kindle edition), which includes LOIs, bids, and contracts.