But one question that many fail to ask (but should) is how to vet a potential client. That's why you should ask potential clients questions like:
• What kind of book do you want to write?
• How long will the book be?
• Who's the audience for the book?
• Why do you want to write this book?
• What have you done already? Do you have an outline? A rough draft? Or just an idea?
• What's your time frame?
• Why do you want to hire a ghostwriter?
• What kind of publisher do you plan to pursue? Traditional? POD? Or will this be an e-book only?
• How did you find out about me? Why are you interested in hiring me?
• How do you envision working with a ghostwriter?
• What are you planning to spend on a ghostwriter?
• How will you plan on marketing the book once it's published?
**Want to know more about ghostwriting? Check out Goodbye Byline, Hello Big Bucks: Make Money Ghostwriting Books, Articles, Blogs and More, Second Edition.