Search This Blog

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Coming Next Week: Straight Talk about Book Sales

Thinking about going POD for a book project? There are pros and cons to opting for POD over a traditional publisher, and last year I decided to take the leap and use POD to publish Goodbye Byline, Hello Big Bucks: The Writer's Guide to Making Money Ghostwriting and Coauthoring Books (Kindle edition).

You may already know that regardless of whether you choose to go with a traditional or POD publisher (or skip both and choose an ebook instead), writing the book is the easy part. Selling it is what most authors find challenging.

So next week I'll share actual sales figures (similar to when I shared a recent royalty statement) and talk about some of the ways I market my books, as well as what has worked for me and what hasn't. (I've got 10 years+ as a published author, and am always experimenting with ways to get more readers/buyers of my work.)

Tune in if you're a book author--or hope to be. You'll find it worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment