Search This Blog

Monday, December 1, 2014

Drumming up More Work, Step 1

Don't forget about my free teleseminar with Nita Amir this Thursday about making more money from   your freelance career. (And have a question you want me to answer? Comment below and I'll be sure to address it.)

With Thanksgiving just behind us and Christmas, New Year's, and countless parties and chores (shopping, wrapping, holiday cards, you name it) descending, it's sometimes tempting to let the marketing part of your freelance business slide right now. Trust me--this isn't the time to do it. That's why I'm engaged in a big marketing push for the next three weeks--my goal is to line up enough work for early 2015 that I can take the week between Christmas and New Year's off (I do this every year) without worrying about a lack of assignments when I return.

Step 1? Touching base with my regular clients--and those who used to be regular clients, but who I haven't worked for in the last few months. A quick email or note can result in new assignments, and at the least, it gets my name in front of them again. That's my first priority for this marketing push. 

***Want more advice about marketing? Check out my freelance classic, Six-Figure Freelancing: The Writer's Guide to Making More Money, Second Edition. If you're more interested in getting into ghostwriting and content marketing, I suggest Goodbye Byline, Hello Big Bucks: Make Money Ghostwriting Books, Articles, Blogs and More, Second Edition. And if you're brand-new to freelancing, Dollars and Deadlines: Make Money Writing Articles for Print and Online Markets walks you through the process of launching your freelance career


No comments:

Post a Comment