Search This Blog

Monday, December 9, 2013

Time to Disappear? 8 Great Ghostwriting Posts



Do you ghostwrite? You should. Sure, you write without a byline or recognition. But I've found that I can make more money ghostwriting books for clients (including Pros with Platforms) than I can writing my own books

The reason is simple. When I ghostwrite, that's all I do. I don't have to market and promote the book (the most time-consuming part of authorship). That's my client's job. I get paid to write the book and then I move on to the next project. And remember, too, I don't run the risk of wasting my time writing a book proposal that may not sell the way I would with my own books. My client pays me upfront to write the proposal. 

But writers don't just ghostwrite books. They ghostwrite articles, blog posts, and content marketing pieces. Rates for this kind of work vary, but in general, you're looking at rates of $0.50/word to $1-2/word. 

Want to know more about ghostwriting? Check out these posts: 
What's that? You want to know even more about ghostwriting and how to succeed in this lucrative niche? Then you'll want to read the updated, expanded edition of Goodbye Byline, Hello Big Bucks: The Writer's Guide to Making Money Ghostwriting and Coauthoring Books (Kindle version). From sample contracts to marketing advice to tips on setting fees and working with clients, you'll find everything you need to know to get started and make ghostwriting a lucrative part of your freelance career.

No comments:

Post a Comment