That's why I'm excited to announce the Kindle version of Dollars and Deadlines: Make Money Writing Articles for Print and Online Markets. (The print version will be available soon from Improvise Press, which publishes books for creative people who want to profit from their passions.)
This book is limited to one topic--freelancing for print and online markets. New and inexperienced writers have questions like:
- How do I come up with ideas?
- How do I get my first assignments?
- How do I write a query letter?
- How do I find sources?
- What do I say when I contact a potential source?
- What kinds of contract provisions should I be concerned about?
- How do I negotiate a better contract?
- What do I need to know about copyright?
- How should I format my article to turn it in?
- What's fact-checking, and how do I provide that material to my editor?
- How can I make more money as a freelancer?
You'll find all the answers to these questions, and many more in Dollars and Deadlines: Make Money Writing Articles for Print and Online Markets. I'll also walk you through a dozen actual articles, showing you how I pitched, researched, and wrote each one. With this ebook, you'll have everything you need to get started writing for money.
And if you're a more experienced writer, good news for you, too--coming soon is the second, updated edition of the classic, Six-Figure Freelancing: The Writer's Guide to Making More Money!