- How the heck do I write a query, anyway? Here's a simple, effective template to follow.
- You can use a query to pitch a trade magazine too.
- Read about five ways to pump up your query.
- You still hate the idea of querying? Get on board with four reasons you should send them.
- Set your query apart with a secret weapon--a time peg.
- If you want to break into national magazines, try one of these eight ways.
- Should you interview a source before or after you query? The answer may surprise you.
- Before you hit send, take the ten-question query checklist.
- Okay, you sent the query. Good for you. Now what?
- Your query missed the mark? Here are 10 reasons why. Study up for next time.
Sunday, August 14, 2011
Post Roundup: 10 Query Posts that Tell you Everything you Need to Know about Queries...and Then Some
The topic of this week's post roundup? The ubiquitous query letter. Check out these ten posts for everything you need to know about query letters--including templates, how to make yours stand out, and what to do after you send one.