- With a deadline around the corner, you didn't proofread--or didn't proof closely enough.
- You forgot you're not writing for yourself--you're writing for a client or editor.
- Yikes! You forgot a deadline!
- You were busy, busy, busy...and now you're dead, work-wise. Here's why.
- You wrote an awesome query or LOI...and then? You fell off the face of the planet.
- You turned in a great piece; too bad is that it's not the one your editor assigned. Oops!
- You get stuck searching for the right word while writing drafts.
- You don't know your daily nut.
- You think that your experience alone is enough to get an assignment.
- You never ask for more money.
Readers, what do you think of my mistakes? Do you have any to add?
***We're rapidly approaching 300 followers, just in time for me to finish my book for Writer's Digest which is due Tuesday. I'll be hosting a book giveaway (books to include Ready, Aim, Specialize!, Six-Figure Freelancing, and Goodbye Byline, Hello Big Bucks). If you're interested in another query critique, comment here and I'll consider hosting that as well.