Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome to 2011: A Month's Worth of Templates

Happy 2011! Regular readers of my blog know I'm all about working as efficiently as possible...as least most of the time. When I set my business goals for 2011, I included an overall financial goal, a daily financial goal (a/k/a the "daily nut"), and an hourly-rate goal. The latter two goals--making a minimum amount each day, and averaging a certain per-hour rate--are what help me meet my "big" goal, my annual income.


To hit my daily nut and my hourly rate, I need to work fast whenever I can. One way I do so is by using templates. I don't want to have to recreate the wheel every time I write a query, send a follow-up email, pitch a new client, or write up an invoice for a reprint sale. So I have a stash of templates I use, which save me time both marketing and running my business.


So, January will be a month of templates as well as resolutions. Tune in for samples you can use and adapt for your own freelance business in the weeks to come.


A special thanks to my readers who have bought my books on writing...all, especially Goodbye Byline, Hello Big Bucks: The Writer's Guide to Making Money Ghostwriting and Coauthoring Books, which is selling steadily. I'll announce another ghostwriting e-class in the next month.


I hope 2011 is your best year of freelancing yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment