If you live in the Chicago area and want to see (and hear) me live and in person, I have a slew of speaking gigs coming up in January and February. Most are writing-related, and all are open to the public (but check the location's website about advance registration and any program fees):
• Thinking about writing a book and want to know more about your publishing options? Or want to know more about POD publishing and whether it’s right for you? I’m presenting So You Want to be an Author: Your Publishing Options Today at the Orland Park Public Library on Tuesday, January 11, at 7:00 p.m.
• Did you make New Year’s Resolutions that you want to keep this year? Come listen to my popular program, Break Your Bad Habits—and Replace Them with Better Ones, at the Glen Ellyn Public Library on Thursday, January 20 at 7:00 p.m.
• Want to sell your book to a traditional publisher? Learn why platform is so important, what elements to include in your book proposal, and how to make your proposal stand out from the pack in Author, Author: Publish your First Book at the Orland Park Public Library on Tuesday, February 8, at 7:00 p.m.
• Want to freelance for magazines? You’ll learn everything you need to know to get started at Breaking In: The Basics of Writing for Magazines, at the Bloomingdale Public Library, on Wednesday, February 9, at 7:00 p.m.
• If you want to hit the six-figure mark as a freelancer, or simply make more for your work, come to my program, Six-Figure Freelancing: Techniques to Help you Get There, on Thursday, Februrary 24, at 9:30 a.m. at Off-Campus Writers Workshop in Winnetka.
• I'll be talking about thriving as a freelancer (especially these days!) today at Chicago Women in Publishing’s February program on freelancing on Wednesday, February 16, at 6:00 p.m. in downtown Chicago.
I hope to see some of you in the next few months...if you're a regular blog reader, please come up and introduce yourself and tell me so!
Talk Yourself Out of It
2 hours ago