Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Upcoming Appearances in Chicago and Beyond

Hard to believe the first month of the year is drawing to a close. I have a slew of speaking gigs in the Chicago area coming up in February and will be speaking at a couple of writers' conferences in April and May.

Here's a brief description of my February programs:

• Want to sell your book to a traditional publisher? Learn why platform is so important, what elements to include in your book proposal, and how to make your proposal stand out from the pack in Author, Author: Publish your First Book at the Orland Park Public Library on Tuesday, February 8, at 7:00 p.m.

• Want to freelance for magazines? You’ll learn everything you need to know to get started at Breaking In: The Basics of Writing for Magazines, at the Bloomingdale Public Library, on Wednesday, February 9, at 7:00 p.m.

• I'll be talking about thriving as a freelancer (especially these days!) at Chicago Women in Publishing’s February program on freelancing on Wednesday, February 16, at 6:00 p.m. in downtown Chicago.

• If you want to hit the six-figure mark as a freelancer, or simply make more for your work, come to my program, Six-Figure Freelancing: Techniques to Help you Get There, on Thursday, Februrary 24, at 9:30 a.m. at Off-Campus Writers Workshop in Winnetka.

***
Want even more Kelly time? The weekend of April 8-10, I'll be returning to the UW/Madison's Annual Writers' Institute, where I'll be presenting on six-figure freelancing, query-writing, and your book publishing options today and providing one-on-one critiques for those who sign up. This is a great conference and Madison is a fun city (and my birthplace!)

And the first weekend of May (May 5-7), I'm returning to Oklahoma City for the OWFI's Annual Conference. I'll be presenting four sessions, including sessions on ghostwriting, freelancing for magazines, query-writing, and business advice for freelancers. This is another worthwhile conference that I spoke at last year, and am looking forward to returning!

I hope to see some of you in the next few months...if you're a regular blog reader, please come up and introduce yourself! I love meeting readers in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment