I've posted already about the ASJA Writers' Conference, which I attended last month in NYC. (You'll find a quick roundup of tips from the conference here.) I went to the conference with several goals in mind:
- to introduce myself to book editors as a potential ghostwriter/book doctor for their authors who need collaborative help;
- to meet more content marketing clients, especially those that need writers who cover health, fitness, and nutrition; and
- to learn more about ways to sell my books through Improvise Press.
But I haven't yet done a lot with my third goal. One of the tips I heard on the self-publishing panel, and that is that reviews sell books. Well, yes, I knew that. But what I hadn't heard yet was that according to Miral Sattar of Bibliocrunch, you should have at least 10 reviews on Amazon before you start promoting a book. (How do you get those reviews? By sending out PDFs and electronic copies of your book long before it launches.)
So I'm on a mission to garner reviews, not only for Goodbye Byline, Hello Big Bucks: Make Money Ghostwriting Books, Articles, Blogs and More, Second Edition (which will be available in print this fall). It will be Improvise Press' third title, joining:
- Six-Figure Freelancing: The Writer's Guide to Making More Money, Second Edition; and
- Dollars and Deadlines: Make Money Writing Articles for Print and Online Markets.
As I write this, Goodbye Byline has only two reviews. (Sad face.) My goal is to have 10 reviews by end of the month, and that's where you come in. Post a comment here with a freelancing question, and you'll be entered to win a PDF of Goodbye Byline, Hello Big Bucks. All I ask is that you review Goodbye Byline by month's end.
If you've wanted to learn more about ghostwriting (including content marketing), here's your chance. You'll learn how to get started, how to find clients, how to work efficiently as a ghostwriter, and how to avoid common ghostwriting pitfalls--and find templates of everything from LOIs to contracts to permission forms. So post your comment below, and stay tuned to see if you're a winner!