Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Upcoming Webinar: Make Money NOW Writing Freelance Articles

I started my freelance career fifteen years ago, pitching and selling articles to magazines including Cosmopolitan, Brides, Good Housekeeping, and Complete Woman. I'd never taken a journalism class in college and knew nothing about writing queries (believe me, my first ones were terrible!) or articles. As a result, I made a lot of mistakes that wasted my time and effort. Fortunately, you can avoid those mistakes and learn the secrets of successful magazine freelancing in my first webinar with Writer's Digest on Thursday, October 27, 2011.

  • How to analyze a potential market.
  • How to make your query stand out from the competition.
  • How to locate and interview sources for articles.
  • How to reslant article ideas and make more money in less time.
  • How to get your first assignment when you have no clips.
You'll also get a free query critique by me, and have a chance to ask questions during the webinar. If you're a new freelancer or already have some experience but want to have more success and make more money from their work. I hope to "see" many of you at the webinar, and please spread the news about it to other writers!

3 comments:

  1. I just found out about this webinar and sad to have missed it. Is there a replay available?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, April--

    Writer's Digest will make it available at some point; I'll post the info here once it's up. Thanks for your interest in it! :)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is very good for those students specially for those who want to work at home like mothers. You can read more why at Freelancing Can Be a Career Option for New Graduates

    ReplyDelete