Search This Blog

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Want to Add Ghostwriter/Coauthor to your Resume? Here's How

Are you a book author who wants to make more money, sell more books, or work more efficiently? Or are you a freelancer who wants to branch into a lucrative niche? Consider getting into ghostwriting. (I decided to start ghosting and coauthoring when I realized I could make more money as an author in less time by collaborating with experts on their books--but there are other compelling reasons as well.)

Not sure what you need to succeed in this field, how to attract and qualify clients, or set your fees? Need advice about marketing yourself, negotiating contracts, and working efficiently with clients? Then you'll want to check out my new book, Goodbye Byline, Hello Big Bucks: The Writer's Guide to Making Money Ghostwriting and Coauthoring Books. (While you can get the print version now, I'll let readers know when the Kindle version is available.)

Just as with my earlier books on writing, Six-Figure Freelancing and Ready, Aim, Specialize, I don't rely only on my own experience--I want to know how others have succeeded as well. So, for Goodbye Byline, I interviewed twenty experienced ghostwriters, coauthors, and publishing experts to include their experiences and advice. Plus you'll find templates for letters of introduction, bids, contracts, and other essential documents you need to succeed in this growing field.

If you want to start ghostwriting--or simply want more information about the field--I hope you'll check out my new book. And please let me know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read it! Congratulations on the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get the print book so I'm anxiously awaiting the Kindle version. Congrats, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It should be available in a few days--will let you know, Mridu! :)

    ReplyDelete